first_imgThe planned Student Activities and Events Center at IU East.RICHMOND, Ind. – Area students attending IU East will soon see construction on campus.The college will host a ground breaking ceremony for the Student Activities and Events Center on Tuesday, November 11.The $4.7 million project marks the fifth building on the 182-acre campus.Final plans to construct the facility were approved by the IU Board of Trustees during its August meeting in Bloomington.“We’re very pleased that the IU Board of Trustees has approved the plan,” said IU East Chancellor Kathryn Cruz-Uribe. “We look forward to moving ahead with this project and providing the additional space needed for classrooms, events and the home of Red Wolves athletics.”The center is scheduled for completion in 2016.Since 2007, student enrollment has more than doubled to 4,500 in 2014.last_img read more

first_imgThe St. Louis Cardinals 7th Grade Volleyball team defeated the South Dearborn Squires 25-23, 19-25, 15-10. Kate Weber led with 10 points followed by Catherine Streator 6 points, Maggie Beiser 5 points, Ella Moster, Lilly Schebler, Rhea Miller 3 points each and Izzi Price and Isabelle Wonnell  1 point each. This is the first game the team actually started to play the game with a bump, set and spike. Ingrid Tuveson and Lucy Abplanalp were great support on the court to help the team setup the plays as Ava Owens was strong on offense.The 8th Grade Lady Cardinal St. Louis Volleyball team loss against the South Dearborn Lady Squires 25-9, 25-17. The score did not show the type of play the 8th team put together during the game. Audrey Beiser led the team with 10 points followed by Megan Raab with 2 points and Mary Hunter, Emma Livers and Maggie Beiser with 1 point each. Ryanna Phillips, Ava Owens and Ingrid Tuveson had great movement on the floor to help the team.Courtesy of Cardinals Coach Jennifer Meer.last_img read more

first_img Baggies boss Tony Pulis has been in the market for a new goalkeeper all summer and has turned his attention to Lindegaard after failing in a bid to sign David Marshall from Cardiff. West Brom had been in discussions with the Bluebirds about Marshall but refused to meet the Welsh club’s valuation of the player – reported to be £5million. Press Association West Brom have signed Manchester United goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard on a two-year deal. center_img Lindegaard had a year remaining on his contract at Manchester United but has now headed to the Midlands. “Since moving to England I’ve been impressed with how well West Brom have done in the Premier League,” Lindegaard said. “I had a good chat with Tony Pulis – I must call him the ‘gaffer’ now – and he convinced me it would be a good move for me and the club. “From there things moved very quickly. I was very keen to get it done so I can just concentrate on the thing that matters most, the football. “I am very happy to join and hope I can make a big contribution this season.” The 31-year-old, who joined United from Norwegian club Aalesund in January 2011 for a £3.5million fee, found his first-team chances limited, making the last of 29 appearances 16 months ago in a 4-0 victory against Newcastle at St James’ Park. Lindegaard will provide competition for Boaz Myhill, with regular number one Ben Foster not expected back until October as he recovers from a knee injury. He is the third player to move from Old Trafford to West Brom this year, following Darren Fletcher and Jonny Evans. Albion also announced that striker Brown Ideye had departed for Greek side Olympiacos for an undisclosed fee. Ideye, 26, joined Albion last summer from Dynamo Kyiv and scored seven times in 31 appearances. last_img read more

first_img Sunderland completed their first transfer window signing last week when they paid a reported fee of around £750,000 for former Bayern Munich defender Jan Kirchhoff and he could be involved at Swansea. “We’ll train him for the next couple of days and I think we’ll probably take him in the squad,” Allardyce added. “We’ll probably make a decision (on Tuesday) whether we go with him as substitute or whether he starts. “He’ll certainly be involved against Tottenham. Hopefully he can hit the ground running. That’s the hard bit for a young man who enters the Premier League for the first time at this time of year. “Can they hit the ground running and can he produce what we know he can produce straight away? That’s the hard bit. “But it’s the risk we had to take at this moment in time – one, with the quality of the player and two, with the position we’re in – because for me we’ve got to do something more to become more resilient defensively.” Press Association “We hope to pull off a deal until the end of the season with a view to a more permanent move. “He’s experienced the Premier League before with Hull City last season and scored five goals in 12 matches. “I hope he can emulate that for us or maybe do even better.” N’Doye joined Hull from Lokomotiv Moscow in a £3million deal in early 2015 and Allardyce feels the forward’s previous spell in the English top flight will help him settle in quickly as Sunderland bid to beat the drop. “Having had that experience last year, when Hull were struggling, and scoring on a regular basis, it can be very important for him settling in straight away and scoring for us,” said Allardyce, who hopes to further strengthen his squad. “We’ve been linked with 39 players since December and probably 30 of them have been wrong,” he said. Allardyce, whose side were knocked out of the FA Cup following the 3-1 weekend defeat at Arsenal, has quickly turned his attentions to Wednesday’s crucial match at relegation rivals Swansea and next Saturday’s lunchtime kick-off at Tottenham. Victory for the Black Cats, second bottom, would see them close to within a point of the Welsh side, who are one place and two points above the bottom three. Striker N’Doye, 30, sold by Hull to Turkish club Trabzonspor for £2.2million in August, was at the Academy of Light on Monday afternoon to finalise the move. “Dame N’Doye is going through the process,” Allardyce said. “He’s in the building at the moment. Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce expects striker Dame N’Doye to complete his move to the Stadium of Light shortly and hopes the Senegal international can have an instant impact on the club’s Barclay’s Premier League survival bid.last_img read more

first_imghighlights Geoffrey Boycott played 108 Tests in his 18-year playing career.Boycott smashed 8114 runs and hit 100 First Class centuries.Boycott was also former England cricket team captain. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.center_img New Delhi : Geoffrey Boycott was considered as one of England’s best batsman during his 18-year playing career. In 108 Tests, he made 8114 runs for England and later turned into a respected commentator. Boycott is also one of the few players to have hit over 100 First Class centuries and he was well known for his obdurate defence and outspoken views. His achievements recently resulted in his being knighted for his services by former British Prime Minister Theresa May. Along with Boycott, former England captain and director of cricket operations Andrew Strauss was also knighted. However, Boycott’s knighthood has received plenty of criticism owing to an old domestic violence case in France in 1998. Boycott was severely criticised by UK’s senior female MP Harriet Harman, who asked for a review of the “baffling decision to honour a man who was convicted in a French court in 1996 for assaulting his then-girlfriend, Margaret Moore”. Boycott, who was fined 5,000 pound and handed a three-month suspended jail sentence for the incident at a French hotel in 1996, was knighted in May’s resignation honours list and has vehemently denied the charge. Speaking on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme, Boycott was unfazed by the criticism and said that he “didn’t give a toss” about criticism from anti-domestic abuse campaigners, including Adina Claire, the co-acting chief executive of Women’s Aid, who described his honour as “extremely disappointing”.Also Read | Happy Birthday Sir Don Bradman – The greatest cricket player in history”I don’t give a toss about her (Claire), love. It was 25 years ago. You can take your political nature and do whatever you want with it. You want to talk to me about my knighthood, it’s very nice of you to have me, but I couldn’t give a toss. Twenty-five years ago, love, in a French court, she tried to blackmail me for 1million pound. I said no, because in England if you pay any money at all, we think: ‘Hang on, there must be something there’. I said: ‘I’m not paying anything’ ? I’m not sure I’d actually got a million at the time,” Boycott said.Also Read | Sachin Tendulkar outlines THIS key factor in Test cricket’s sustained revivalBoycott also revealed why he had voted for the United Kingdom to exit the European Union. “It’s a court case in France where you’re guilty, which is one of the reasons I (didn’t) vote to remain in Europe – because you’re guilty until you’re proved innocent. That’s totally the opposite from England and it’s very difficult to prove you’re innocent in another country and another language. Most people in England don’t believe it. I didn’t do it. Move on. It’s a cross I have to bear, right or wrong, good or bad, I have to live with it. And I do, because I’m clear in my mind and I think most people in England are that it’s not true,” Boycott said.last_img read more

first_imgAddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisOptions Pregnancy Center is gearing up for a weekend of fun and awareness. The non-profit organization, which focuses on helping families with unexpected pregnancies, will host a barn dance at AJ’s Berry Farm in Lachine Michigan to help benefit the center.Director, Emily Potter said volunteers will be on hand for and questions people may have.“We will have some resources available on site that people can take a look at and get to know about options a little bit better, and see what services we offer to the community. We have some volunteers as well who are faithful in their service. We really believe in making sure that people are equipped and educated and most of all encouraged when finding themselves unexpectedly pregnant. It can be a heavy burden but at the same time it can be a great joy. If you have the right resources available, and if you have the right support, you can overcome any obstacle,” Potter said.Potter adds that this is a great way for people to put a face with the name Options Pregnancy Center.“It’s always good to put a face to a name, and get a chance to interact with those people who are serving those who are need in our community. This is also to let people know about our newer programs that we’re going to be starting in the fall. This is continued ways that people can come together in the community and help continue to meet the needs of our clients in the area and also to just get the word out,” Potter said.May is also National Teen Pregnancy Month. Once again all proceeds will be donated to continue the growth of the ministry of helping young men and women facing unexpected pregnancies in the Alpena area. Options Pregnancy Center is located on 526 West Chisholm.AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThis Tags: Barn Dance, Dance for Life, Options Pregnancy CenterContinue ReadingPrevious 6th Graders of Thunder Bay Junior High Travel to Lafarge for an Educational TripNext MSP Alpena Post Recruiting Men and Women for the Law Enforcement Teamlast_img read more

first_imgThe immediate past Minister of Sports, Nii Lantey Vanderpuye, has exclusively revealed to Joysports poor record-keeping at the ministry is responsible for the huge debt the National Sports Authority (NSA) is saddled in.The NSA has gone bankrupt with a debt in excess of GHc2 million in default of electricity bills, as well as owing Meridian Travel and Tours and Goshen Travel and Tours $25,600 and $25,000 respectively.In addition to this, the National Sports Authority is fighting a Court order in favour of Litina Travel and Tours Agency who are demanding Judgment debt of $380,000 for denying themthe opportunity to airlift Ghanaians to the 2015 All Africa Games.The Travel agency took to the court after a contract it legally won was handed to another company.According to Vanderpuye book-keeping is a big problem for the NSA‘’As a Minister when the issue came to me, we went through all our records and there is no record of Litina Travel and Tours having won a contract from the Ministry so I asked my Chief Director to engage them (NSA) to furnish the ministry with the records of that contract award in other for us(Ministry) to know… there are so many of these debts’’ ‘’One of the things that is affecting the Ministry is a lack of legal representation, reason a lot of judgment have been given against the ministry’’‘’The difficulty we were having was that some of these cases run as far back as 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 and documentation was a problem, records were no available’’last_img read more

first_imgSUMMARY OF 1100 AM AST…1500 UTC…INFORMATION———————————————–LOCATION…21.7N 64.9WABOUT 240 MI…385 KM NNE OF SAN JUAN PUERTO RICOMAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS…45 MPH…75 KM/HPRESENT MOVEMENT…N OR 360 DEGREES AT 15 MPH…24 KM/HMINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE…1003 MB…29.62 INCHES After passing over Puerto Rico, Tropical Storm Karen has sustained winds of 45 mph and is moving to the north at 15 mph, but the National Hurricane Center does forecast the storm to make a turn to the west by early next week.Longer term, Karen’s direction and longevity are uncertain.After leaving Puerto Rico, Karen is forecast to remain a tropical storm in the Atlantic for the next few days, not directly impacting land. Longer term, its direction and longevity is uncertain. https://t.co/ZZHWJnS4TA— CNN Weather Center (@CNNweather) September 25, 2019last_img read more

first_imgAccording to Brightline spokesman Mike Hicks, the vehicle went around the gates that were already lowered as the train was approaching and was struck by the train.Pompano Beach Fire Rescue officials said the vehicle caught fire after the crash.Passengers were off-loaded from the train and directed to a nearby bus.There were no reports of any injured passengers on the train. BSO homicide investigators are looking into the death of a person who was killed Tuesday morning in a fiery crash involving a Brightline train in Pompano Beach.The crash was reported in the area of Atlantic Boulevard and North Dixie Highway.last_img

first_imgDear Editor,The long-awaited presidential candidate of the PPP/C has been announced and that person is Mr Irfaan Ali. He is the most talked about person in Guyana and I must say on the planet right now.From all appearances, the name Charrandas Persaud has suddenly slipped off the radar and is in the backseat of the thoughts of those who oppose the PPP/C as they now hotly pursue Mr Ali.It is a venomous pursuit as known critics – some of them coming up under new pseudonyms bash the daylight out of Mr Ali. But, try as they may, nothing is going to stop this man from leading the PPP/C unto victory in the next General Elections.And here’s my point, the venom some put in their criticism comes from the fact that none of the parties, not one of them, can win an election here in Guyana. Even when they teamed up with each other in that incestuous association called a coalition they could not put the PPP/C away, only to surrender in a vote of conscience after three and a half long burdensome and torturous years.It is a clear borne fact that the only political party that can and will win any election in Guyana is the PPP/C. That reality has sent shockwaves in the camps of those of our opposers that right now are quivering in fear. The PPP/C has proven that fact throughout its history.And not only would it win an election, but it is also a party that has delivered to the electorate; you talk to any Guyanese even to those in the political divide and they will tell you that the best years of their lives were under the PPP. Bad-talk and smear campaigns cannot erase that. So, I empathise with our detractors out there who are trying their utmost to stop the unstoppable.But let me tell them what has been and still is the PPP/C’s real source of strength, I call it their bedrock, that is, its total reliance on teamwork. Team PPP/C is a formidable force and a tower of strength. A case in point is the calling in of Police to illegally oust Bishop Edghill out of Parliament.The team stood by the Bishop and boxed him in thereby telling the world that we are a united group with one purpose in mind. We shall not be moved, we have a country to stand up for.So, if you follow all of Mr Ali’s speeches you will see one common thread of thought “Team PPP/C” or “We” will deliver, we will are working together to build Guyana again. To come up against such an indomitable team means that you do not have a ghost of a chance, you cannot penetrate or break our singleness of purpose. Because we are a team and people-oriented too, helping, building people- ordinary people, all Guyanese, that is our main objective. Long live Team PPP/C!Respectfully,Neil Adamslast_img read more